ブログランキング参加してます!



Friday 14 October 2011

Going back to Japan イギリス留学とこれから

15th October
I came back to Japan and spend 4 weeks to take a rest before I work in UK. I went to Kyoto and Nara , because I wanted to know what is Japanese. The key may be in Kyoto and Nara where Japanese cultures were originated. I have not seen Kyoto and Nara for a long time. They were very beautiful. The shape of Kin-Kakuzi temple was well-designed. The pond reflected its shape. It was beautiful. Other temples in Kyoto were also sophisticated. I had not moved when I was young with lack of cultural consciousness. But now I can feel beauty of Japanese culture after knowing Europe.


Nara is located in the south of Kyoto. I prefer Nara to Kytoto actually. Nara is the oldest town where ancient emperor lived before Kyoto became the capital of Japan. The city was countryside and could not see a few civilization as people forgot Nara used to be the capital of Japan. Farming is the main industry there. It was naturally fit to my heart  and it was comfortable. People in Nara were not busy. But they may be real Japanese who are not influenced by capitalism. They are very kind and relaxed.I believe we are originally naturalist.

So, what I'm doing from now is that I contribute to people who helped me and Japan. Yesterday, I made a presentation at education agency to recommend  studying abroad especially Southampton. Japan is becoming weaker as well as European countries. Young people tend to lose confidence with lack of employments. It's quite obvious that future in Japan is not bright. All people used to be happy in previous generation because of  economical growth of Japan. The era changed and young are wondering how they live on. 'All people cannot be happy'. In Japan, people who graduated top universities are eligible to be happy and can see bright future. Once they enter in the company, the employment is guaranteed. Except for them, people are normally worried. Only way for them is to obtain high level of abilities. One of them is to master English. Most Japanese people do not speak English. Speaking English is a survival skill. I did not say that in front of people but I enthusiastically recommended it.

I also attended an educational event where UK universities have booths. I recommended my Uni, Southampton. Because I met many friends and good people. I am grateful for that. So, I want to show my gratitude to my Uni. That's why I was eager to help my Uni.

Recently I like Buddhism because it said that only you cannot live in the world. Everything depends on each other. Even animals. We say 'Itadakimasu' in Japanese to show gratitude to nature which give us environment so that we can live. We have correlations with everything in the world. What I'm doing is that I show my gratitudes to everything which helped me. This is a good circulation to better the world, doesn't it ? This is the end of my blog. Thanks for reading me.

日本へ帰国しました。。。が、4週間だけです。その後、例の会計事務所(詳細、別ページ)で10月下旬より働くことになりましたので、来週にはイギリスにリターン。正直、ちょっと悲しい。帰ってきて思うのが、日本ってやっぱり心地いい。もちろん、言語の問題もありますが、、食事や人の対応、コミュニケーション、自分が生まれ育った土地にいるというのは、実に快適なものです。同じコンセンサスが暗にあり、相手をスムーズに理解することができるからだと思います。帰国後、日本の文化を見つめなおすために、京都、奈良に行ってきました。

京都の寺は、実に美しかった。よくバランスが取れている。金閣寺はその代表。わびさびの精神からほど遠いものの、当時の最高峰の建築技術と日本の美意識を集約したような、作品だと思った。奈良もいい。本当に、古代日本において、ここが首都だったのかと疑うぐらい、のどかな田園風景が続く。生い茂る稲たちを見つつ、自転車で走ると、ふと天武天皇や持統天皇の古墳が見える。しかも、ただのこんもりとした山だ。これはこれで、奈良の自然にうまくマッチしていると思う。古代の天皇の古墳だからと言って、特別に豪華絢爛ではなく、そこに在る山が村の盟主として人々を見守っているようだ。この自然のおおらかさが僕は好きだ。

京都、奈良の旅行の後は、British Council などが開催するイギリス留学フェアなどのお手伝いをした。ある時は、翻訳係として、ある時は、自らの経験をプレゼンをしたり、自分が得たイギリスでの体験を正直にフィードバックした。今は、日本は不況ということもあり、海外留学に将来を駆けようとたくさんの若者が押しかけていた。なかには、イギリスの大学を甘く見ている人もいたけど、ちゃんと将来を考えている若者もいて、安心をした。何よりも純粋だった。目的意識がハッキリしているから、質問がまともだ。僕は、この留学で、色んな人にお世話になった、家族、友人、大学スタッフ、留学機関のスタッフなど。だから、今度は僕の方から、お世話になった人たちに恩返しをしたいと思う。このブログをこうして、こと細かに書いているのも、そういった気持ちからです。恐らく、これが、最後のブログになるかもしれませんが、その後のイギリスでの就労体験などもブログを続けたいと思いますので、新ブログ立ち上がり次第、リンクを貼ります。読んで頂き、ありがとうございました。

No comments:

Post a Comment